After a decade of captivity, Darcy MacCormac escapes the corrupt, clandestine organization called the Scythe, leaving family and friends behind. She must find a way to rescue them. Discovered by other shifters, the brand-new cougar gets two mentors. Blademage Gawain is an easy-going blacksmith with a steel-hard core. His brother Owen is a deadly warrior. Grumpy. Rude. And he doesn’t like her.
They aren’t the mates she’d dreamed of—they’re more.
Powerful, dominating Owen protects the clan—especially the weak—and the only remnant of an abused childhood is his avoidance of females. Now he
has to mentor one? Although Gawain soon falls for the dauntless little cat, Owen knows better than to lose his head. But Darcy has a gift for
repairing everything…including damaged hearts.
Love isn’t in her destiny.
In the brothers’ arms, Darcy finds safety. Comfort. And love. But however
much she longs for a future with Owen and Gawain, her people need her.
Somehow, she must find the courage and skills to save them, even if the
attempt demands her life.
We were provided an ARC for an honest review.
- For me this novel started off a little slowly and it took me some time to get into the narrative. I was confused at first what was going on and then I had to relearn this series unique shifter mythology.
- The teacher-student trope was lying underneath the surface of this novel and it definitely made it hotter! Owen and Gawain had been given the responsibly of helping Darcy become accustom to being a shifter and the culture.
- Darcy is an amazing character, tough, resilient, and completely love-able! It’s no wonder the brothers fall in-love with her so quickly, and so easily. She is an amazing heroine, who you can’t help but empathize with and want root for!
- Owen and Gawain are two powerful shifters, who have been endowed with special gifts. The brothers, litter-mates, both have a lot of emotional baggage to move through in order to get their H.E.A.. They both deserve someone as sweet and fearless as Darcy.
- There was no question that the sex between the three characters was H-O-T! Although the night of Darcy’s full-moon was a little much for me. <SPOILER> I had issues with her sleeping with the other two brother shifters they were with, four partners in one night for a virgin felt a little excessive to me. I’m a diehard monogamist, so maybe I’m being judgy.
- I really enjoyed seeing the shifter communities coming together in-order to save the captive shifters and uncover the conspiracy. This narrative had a conclusion, but also left it open to be developed in further novels in the series!
- Characters from the first three book in the series make reaperances and once I remembered, relearned, who they were and their connections it was a lot of fun to see them within their own H.E.A.s.
- I really hope that Darcy’s brothers find their own life-mate and are able to overcome the trauma of their own captivity!