I stole her in the night. Caged her because I can’t live without her. She’s my love, my addiction, my obsession.
I will do anything to keep Sara mine.
We were provided an ARC for an honest review.
- This novel picks up right where the last one left off, with Sara and the reader conflicted about her feelings for Peter – and trying to deny there are any. Note: You need to read the first novel, Tormentor Mine, to truly understand this one.
- There is not much action in this novel, though some drama does occur, it is more psychological in nature. The novel is more about Sara and Peter coming to grips with their feelings for one another and what that means for their future – if they have one!
- Peter may be a ruthless killer who waterboarded Sara and then killed her husband, but he is at least honest to himself about his obsession with her. We actually see Peter change some during this novel, or at least our and Sara’s perception of him changes as we get to know his even darker backstory. He does try to make Sara’s captivity enjoyable and to give her everything she wants – except her freedom.
- One thing I really love about Sara is that she’s honest with herself, that she’s become addicted to Peter; that doesn’t make her stop wanting to leave or knowing their relationship is in no way healthy.
- As usual, the chemistry between Sara and Peter is palpable. It is hot, angry, brutal and possessively dangerous – then it’s sweet and cuddly.
- The change of location, really added to the story and the sense of isolation that Sara feels. As a reader it also gave us an entirely new environment to explore!
- Peter’s men were a great addition to the story, and it was fun getting to know the three ruthless killers.
- This series begins to overlap more with the Twist Me and Capture Me series, and that adds another level of fun as we see and hear about characters we have already grown to love. As a reader I love when series overlap, in the world the author has created!
- Warning: This book does end on a cliffhanger, with no resolution within Peter and Sara’s relationship!