About THE TIME IN BETWEEN (Magdalene Series #3):
After a painful loss, Cady Moreland is coming to Magdalene to start the next chapter of her life. A chapter that began eighteen years ago but had a heartbreaking ending. The time in between was full of family and friendship, but Cady could never get the man she fell in love with all those years ago out of her heart.
Coert Yeager has learned to live without the girl who entered his life right when she shouldn’t and exited delivering a crippling blow he never would have suspected. The time in between was full of failing to find what he was missing…and life-altering betrayal.
But when that girl shows up in Magdalene and buys the town’s beloved lighthouse, even if Coert wants to avoid her, he can’t. A fire in town sparks a different kind of flame that won’t be ignored.
As Cady and Coert question the actions of the two young adults they once were thrown into earth-shattering circumstances, can they learn from what came in between and find each other again?
- At first, I wasn’t a fan of the novel moving between the past and the present; but in order to understand the depth of Cady and Coert’s relationship it worked really well. You needed to know the pain of the past, in order to understand why things were so tense.
- Ashely, has an amazing ability to make you feel like you’re right there with the characters. Although I have been to the coast of Maine, I have never been inside of a light-house – now I have!
- Ashley really understand people and is able to create rich, complicated characters. Where they are the major love interests or the minor ones who pepper their world. This novel was no different, but the quantity of them I felt was a bit overwhelming at times. Trying to keep track of who was who, distracted me from the couple’s narrative.
- The serious drama that brought the couple back into each other’s path, was anticlimactic. I would’ve liked to see it drawn out, overlapping Cady and Coert reunion.
- There is no denying that Cady and Coert work perfectly as a couple, they always did. Although they have both changed over the years, they both want the same things out of life. And their chemistry is still HAWT!
- I really loved how Ashley was able to cross over this series with the Rock Chick series! We get to see how Nightingale and company are doing, in a very unique way. I would’ve however, preferred more time with the other Magdalene couples and seeing Cady being welcomed into Coert’s group of friends.