Craven of the Clan MacCara is a fierce Highland warrior, fighting endless battles and conquering his foe, but there is nothing the mighty warrior can do to save his wife and unborn child. He can, however, make the person responsible for their deaths suffer for it. He had nearly taken the healer’s life that tragic day, his hands having been at her throat. To his regret, he let her live and warned her never to return. He has lived with that regret for the past year, but no more. She has dared to return home and he intends to make her suffer before he takes her life. He is called the beast for a reason and he intends to release the beast on her. Nothing will stop him. Nothing… or so he thinks.
Espy has no place to go but home… to her grandmother, the one person who loves her. She has no choice, for what awaits her there is far less frightening than what she is running from. She is a healer, wise in the old ways and knowledgeable in the ways of a physician, her father having taught her. She is hopeful that Craven MacCara, a beast of a man, might find it in his heart to forgive her, since a day has not gone by that guilt, misplaced as it is, has not weighed heavily upon her. If not, then death will be her only salvation… or so she thinks.
Truths begin to surface, lives are threatened, secrets are discovered, and love finds a way to heal the heart, and Espy discovers what it means… To Love A Highlander.
Escape to the Highlands, late 1400s, in this historical romance, book one in the Highland Warrior Trilogy.
*** NOW AVAILABLE ***
“I received a free review copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.”
- To Love a Highlander, never has a dull moment! There is constantly something happening within the narrative as you’re sucked deeper and deeper into the mystery of what happened to Craven’s wife and child as well as the burgeoning relationship between Craven and Epsy.
- From the very beginning you wonder how Craven and Epsy can ever find love, they are so at odds with one another. It doesn’t take long for them to work things out, and for you find yourself wondering how this couple was ever not together!
- Another strong, intelligent, and extremely lovable heroine from Donna Fletcher! It’s no wonder that Craven overcame his hate and falls in love with Epsy, she’s just the type of woman he needs. Someone who’ll not only standup to him, but who also has a kind, gentle, loving nature.
- Craven, also known as the Beast, feels things deeply – especially loss and love. He fights his attraction to Epsy in the beginning, but then quickly realizes it is useless to try and fight what is growing between them. It is Epsy’s intelligence, and kindness that first attracts him to her, and it’s one of the many reasons Craven makes such a great hero.
- The chemistry between these two characters is HOT! They can’t keep their hands off each other, even before they are willing to admit their true feelings!
- I can’t wait for this series to continue, and to watch Craven’s fierce highlander warrior friends Slain and Warrick find love.