From New York Times Bestselling author Laura Kaye, comes EYES ON YOU, a new novella in her Blasphemy Series, brought to you by 1,001 Dark Nights! Be sure to grab your copy today!
She wants to explore her true desires, and he wants to watch…
When a sexy stranger asks Wolf Henrikson to rescue her from a bad date, he never expected to want the woman for himself. But their playful conversation turns into a scorching one-night stand that reveals the shy beauty gets off on the idea of being seen, even if she’s a little scared of it, too. And Wolf loves to watch.
In the wake of discovering her fiancé’s infidelity, florist Olivia Foster never expected to find someone who not only understood her wildest, darkest fantasies, but would bring them to life. As Wolf introduces her to his world at the play club, Blasphemy, Liv finds herself tempted to explore submission and exhibitionism with the hard-bodied Dom even as she’s scared to trust again.
But Wolf is a master of getting what he wants—and he’s got his eyes set on her…
“Of course I remember that wedding,” Liv said, staring at Wolf anew. And then recognition dawned. The groom had worn white, but the groomsmen had worn black, and Wolf had been among them. “We did meet! I don’t know how I didn’t recognize you sooner.” Or, certainly, how she hadn’t remembered his unusual name. Actually, she had an idea. Back then, Liv had still been so stung by Caleb’s betrayal that she’d feared her interest in men had died with her engagement. Back then, weddings had still been difficult for her to do.
“Me, either,” he said, smiling. “But damn. This is crazy that we ran into each other like this after meeting before.”
“It is,” she said with a grin. “And it makes me even happier that I caught Caleb. Because I wouldn’t have met you then, and I also wouldn’t be here with you now.” Her pulse spiked at admitting how much being with Wolf pleased her, but she was thirty-one and had just let this man fuck her against a hotel window, so she saw no reason not to be honest. Putting herself out there was something she was trying to learn to do more of, every damn day.
Wolf leaned in and kissed her lingeringly. He tasted of red wine and buttery steak, a heady combination that had her moving in for more kisses when he tried to pull away. “I’m glad you’re here with me, Liv.”
His hand slid into her hair and he came over her, forcing her backward until they lay on the floor between the couch and the coffee table, Wolf’s long, lean body covering hers. They kissed and writhed, hands wandering, clothes falling away again.
“I love how you submit to me,” he whispered around the edge of a kiss.
Do you have any idea what your wedding night is going to be like?
The memory came from out of nowhere. A snippet of conversation between Willow and her bridesmaids from the room where the women had dressed for the ceremony. Liv had been unboxing their bouquets from the protective cartons in which she’d brought them. Laughing and teasing, the women had all stopped dressing to hear Willow’s response.
Ladies, I’m a submissive, wife or not. If that man doesn’t put me on my knees tonight, there’s going to be trouble in paradise.
- I thoroughly enjoyed this novella! It never felt rushed, unlike some novellas, the characters were fully developed and there were no aspects of the story that felt missing or shafted by the length.
- Olivia is a strong, independent woman who knows what she wants! I love how she followers her dreams, and passions without feeling the need to defend herself to anyone.
- Wolf is the perfect gentleman, until you tell him it’s okay not to be! I loved the two sides of his personality, and how they seemed to fit together perfectly!
- These two work perfectly as a couple! Not only are they sexually compatible, but their goals and passions in life align. You can see Olivia and Wolf continuing to play publicly, and have success in their careers.
- I really love how each novel in the Blasphemy series not only deals with a specific kink, but contains safe, sane and consensual activities; the way BDSM should be represented. I’m anxiously awaiting the next novel in the series!
About Laura Kaye
New York Times and USA Today bestseller Laura Kaye is the author of over twenty books in contemporary and paranormal romance and romantic suspense. Laura grew up amid family lore involving angels, ghosts, and evil-eye curses, cementing her life-long fascination with storytelling and the supernatural. Laura lives in Maryland with her husband, two daughters, and cute-but-bad dog, and appreciates her view of the Chesapeake Bay every day.
Laura is a member of the Romance Writers of America, the Maryland Romance Writers, and she is past president of the RWA-Contemporary Romance Writers.