New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Laura Kaye brings you the second title in her Raven Riders Series, RIDE ROUGH. A sexy romantic suspense, you might’ve first met the Ravens in the Hard Ink world, but this series about a different kind of a motorcycle club with a protective mission stands on its own and is even sexier, edgier, and grittier! The Raven Riders Series takes you on a new adventure and kicks it into overdrive! Order your copy of RIDE ROUGH today!
About Ride Rough (Raven Riders #2, 4/25/17)
Maverick Rylan won’t apologize for who he is—the Raven Riders Motorcycle Club Vice-President, a sought-after custom bike builder, and a man dedicated to protecting those he loves. So when he learns that the only woman who has ever held his heart is in trouble, he’ll move heaven and earth to save her.
Alexa Harmon thought she had it all—the security of a good job, a beautiful home, and a powerful, charming fiancé who offered the life she never had growing up. But when her dream quickly turns into a nightmare, Alexa realizes she’s fallen for a façade she can’t escape—until sexy, dangerous Maverick offers her a way out.
Forced together to keep Alexa safe, their powerful attraction reignites and Maverick determines to do whatever it takes to earn a second chance—one Alexa is tempted to give. But her ex-fiancé isn’t going to let her go without a fight, one that will threaten everything they both hold dear.
And don’t miss all the books in the Raven Riders Series!
HARD AS STEEL now available
RIDE HARD now available
RIDE ROUGH coming April 25th, 2017
RIDE WILD coming October 31st, 2017
Order RIDE ROUGH by May 1st, fill out this form, and receive an email with a bonus short story of more of Hard Ink’s Beckett after Release Week! Don’t miss this amazing opportunity!
“I received a free review copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.”
- It was so fun to be back with the Raven Riders again! They are a great group of guys, who actively help those who can not help themselves. These are men you want to know and have in your life. They are also all hot, have hot bikes and even hotter tattoos!
- You do not need to have read the first novel in the series to enjoy this one. Several characters from the previous make an appearance, but their relationships are full explained and do not distract from the story.
- One of the narrative elements I enjoyed the most, was that both Alexa and Maverick were responsible for their past relationship falling apart. During the course of the novel they realize how wrong they had both been!
- Alexa and Maverick have some amazing chemistry! They really are perfectly matched, and not just in the bedroom. Their history also enables them to understand each other, even more deeply.
- I love how Alexa grows as a character throughout the novel. You see her gradually change, and become her true-self. Someone who realizes what a great guy Maverick is and has always been!
- Maverick is one of the good guys, he’s hard-working, caring, kind and protective of the ones he loves. He realizes that he’s as much at fault for what happened in the past, as Alexa is, and moves past blaming her.
- The Raven Riders mission may be all about helping those who can not help themselves, but all of these heroines prove that they are strong enough to protect themselves! It’s one of the many things I love about this series!
- I can’t wait for the next installment, Ride Wild, and to finally see Sam smile again!
“Ride with me.” The words flew out of Maverick’s mouth, and he didn’t want to take them back even though, fuck, it put him out there to be smacked down again. But damn if it wouldn’t be worth it to feel her holding him, pressed up tight against him, laughing in his ear.
Alexa hesitated and maybe even looked a little nervous, but Maverick could see the interest in the liveliness of her eyes.
“Don’t think. Just say yes,” he said.
Alexa tilted her head and narrowed her gaze at him, and then she smiled. “Okay. Yes.”
That’s my girl. He kept the sentiment to himself, but he felt it down deep. His Alexa was in there. The one who could throw caution to the wind and have fun doing absolutely nothing. The one who laughed freely and bantered relentlessly. Maverick gave a single nod.
“Let me tell Mom. Be right back,” she said.
“I’ll bring the bike around.” Maverick took a step backward, but then paused when Alexa turned and hurried toward the house. His gaze traced her curves and lingered on the bare skin of her thighs. Thighs that were going to be wrapped around him in just a few short minutes. Thighs that had been wrapped around him in all kinds of ways many times. Many times. Fuck.
A few houses down, Maverick straddled his Harley Night Rod Special and brought the engine to life on a low rumble. He pulled the bike to the curb in front of the Harmon house and waited. He didn’t have to wait long.
Alexa came flying out through the garage. She made eye contact with him and it fucking seared his blood. For some reason this ride felt weighted with a significance he couldn’t put into words. And he wasn’t trying. He was just going to enjoy the hell out of it. Because Maverick knew her agreeing this one time didn’t change anything. Not anything important.
By the time she reached him, Alexa was smiling even though he could tell she was trying to hold that shit back. But she couldn’t, and that got to him, too. For a moment, she hesitated, like she wasn’t sure what to do. No way that was it, though, because even though it had been years, she’d been in his saddle as many times as his bed. He suspected the real issue was giving herself permission to do what she was gonna have to do—get close and hold tight. To him.
Something she hadn’t done in years.
But then she did it.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Laura is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in contemporary romance and romantic suspense, including the Hard Ink and Raven Riders series. Growing up, Laura’s large extended family believed in the supernatural, and family lore involving angels, ghosts, and evil-eye curses cemented in Laura a life-long fascination with storytelling and all things paranormal. She lives in Maryland with her husband, two daughters, and monster puppy, Schuyler, and appreciates her view of the Chesapeake Bay every day.