Talon is King of the Picts, forefathers of the Highlanders, a fierce warrior, and he needs to find a queen. He need not care for this woman and it would be preferable if he didn’t. She need only bear him an heir thereby securing his reign. With his enemies mounting, war looming, and unrest among his people, he needs no distractions.
Hemera does not mean to vex King Talon at every turn or to test his temper and patience. She is grateful that he took her and her sister in when they escaped the Northmen. She does her best not to annoy the King, a difficult, if not impossible task. Then he kisses her and changes everything.
With enemies at the stronghold gates, traitors within, and secrets yet to be revealed, King Talon and Hemera face insurmountable obstacles that only true love can conquer.
*** NOW AVAILABLE ***
“I received a free review copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.”
- This third novel in the Pict King Series does a great job in tying up the loose ends of the two previous stories, but also leaves it wide open for the possibility of more! In addition we are given little glimpses into the H.E.A.s of the other two couples, something I always love to see!
- One of my favorite aspects of this series is the uniqueness of the characters. None of them seem to fit into normal society, but they somehow fit perfectly together with their chosen partners and as a larger group. They all have an important skill or quality, which is beneficial to the kingdom as a whole. Everyone of them has a purpose.
- Hemera is the perfect queen for King Talon and it doesn’t take long for him to realize this! Not only is she strong and intelligent, but Hemera is also incredibly observant. All of these are qualities that King Talon needs in a queen, to help him lead the Picts! They are also the reasons he fall in-love with her.
- We were given glimpses of King Talon in the previous novels. He is a strong and ruthless leader who is extremely loyal to his inner-circle and them to him. He has given himself entirely to his people and to keeping his kingdom together. Once he’s past his annoyance at Hemera, because of her independent spirit, and falls in-love with her; there is nothing he would not do to keep her safe and make her his queen!
- King Talon and Hemera really are the perfect couple! Once they begin to understand one another’s personalities more fully, they are able to work together as a team!
- The King & His Queen, is much more than just a romance novel between King Talon and Hemera! There are several twists and turns in the plot, some you don’t see coming, as all the characters work to save the Kingdom of Pict!