✮✮✮A delicious world of erotica, BDSM with alpha-subs and their Dommes, and a gripping love story…Welcome to The Bee’s Honey! The first book in New York Times bestselling author Kristen Ashley’s Honey Series, THE DEEP END is a seductive and rich lovestory. Order your copy today! ✮✮✮
Enter a decadent sensual world where gorgeous alpha males are committed to fulfilling a woman’s every desire…
Olivier isn’t sure what he’s gotten himself into when he joins the Honey Club, only that a dark part of him hungers for the lifestyle offered by this exclusive club. Here, no boundary will be left untested…and one’s deepest fantasies will become an exquisite reality.
When Amélie invites Olivier to surrender, she gives the alpha submissive what he craves. Soon they both find themselves falling harder than they ever anticipated—but as their connection deepens, the truth about Olivier’s past could destroy everything…
Gripping and seductive, The Deep End is the first book in a sensational new series from bestselling author Kristen Ashley.
Amazon | Kindle | Barnes & Noble | iBooks
GooglePlay | Kobo | IndieBound | BAM
- This novel is purely character driven, meaning the plot revolves almost exclusively around Amélie and Olivier becoming a couple. There are small hints of other character’s stories but nothing that detracts from Amélie and Olivier’s scorching chemistry.
- A majority of the novels I read, which contain BDSM elements, focus on male Dominates, so I’ll be honest it took me a bit to get into this novel. At first Domme Amélie comes off as being cold, but by the end of the novel you come to understand her more fully.
- In true KA fashion these two characters are made for one another! Amélie needs an alpha-sub who will make her work in order to gain his true submission and trust, and Olivier is looking for someone he can truly trust with his deepest darkest desires.
- Olivier is what they call an alpha-sub. For those who read majority Dominate/female sub novels, like myself, this would be akin to calling the female sub “a brat”. Meaning they don’t just roll-over and do whatever their Dominate wants them to. They make their tops work to gain their trust and submission.
- The sex is dirty and at times lacks intimacy; but it was in no way repetitive or lacking in imagination. It just seems rather clinical and although it progressed the couple’s relationship forward, especially in regards to the level of trust, it at times lacks the tenderness and emotion you’d expect from a couple falling for one another.
- I really enjoyed the introduction of the erotic romance reading group of Domme’s that Amélie is a member of; meeting all the woman and getting a teaser into their stories.
- The narrative may not have been something I would’ve gravitated towards; but I thought KA did a brilliant job writing outside of her normal narrative. And even though this is not my new favorite KA novel, it was extremely well written, thought-out and KA clearly did her research! I applaud KA on taking the risk, trying something new, and on her success.
She turned back to him. “You seem to have a good deal of stamina.”
“Amélie…Mistress, I don’t think you’re getting’ that I seriously find you not hard on the eyes.”
She bent closer, as intended for this part of their session, some of her fair falling on his chest in another caress. She did this letting her amusement show, if not all of the emotion she felt at his compliment.
“I wonder, mon chou, if you think you can butter me up with compliments.”
“I don’t know. Maybe. Though not sure why I’d bother since I didn’t give you one and you just made me shoot a huge-ass load the like that have never come from my cock.”
“And he gives another compliment,” she said through a smile.
“You earn it, I’ll say it, he replied, his lips twitching. “That is, if I’m physically capable of speech.”
She was still smiling when she reached out a hand and delicately traced circles around his nipple.
His eyes darkened.
Her good humor increased.
“You’re of course aware I should do something about you being so audaciously cheeky.”
Another darkness crossed his face. “What?”
“I shouldn’t allow you to be cheeky with me.”
“Impudent,” she explained.
The look fled. “You mean, in uppity, hot-chick speak, a wise-ass.”
Amélie couldn’t help it, she laughed softly.
“She’s got a pretty laugh, too, to go with that pretty accent,” he murmured and she saw his eyes on her lips.
I could get lost in this one, she thought. Lost and never found.
About Kristen Ashley:
Kristen Ashley was born in Gary, Indiana, USA and nearly killed her mother and herself making it into the world, seeing as she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck (already attempting to accessorise and she hadn’t taken her first breath!). Her mother said they took Kristen away, put her Mom back in her room, her mother looked out the window, and Gary was on fire (Dr. King had been assassinated four days before). Kristen’s Mom remembered thinking it was the end of the world. Quite the dramatic beginning.
Kristen grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana and has lived in Denver, Colorado and the West Country of England. Thus, she’s blessed to have friends and family around the globe. Her family was (is) loopy (to say the least) but loopy is good when you want to write. They all lived together on a very small farm in a small farm town in the heartland. She grew up with Glenn Miller, The Everly Brothers, REO Speedwagon and Whitesnake (and the wardrobes that matched).
Needless to say, growing up in a house full of music, clothes and love was a good way to grow up.
And as she keeps growing, it keeps getting better.