From New York Times bestselling author, Kristen Ashley, comes the long-awaited story of Daisy and Marcus, Rock Chick Reawakening. A prequel to Kristen’s Rock Chick series, Rock Chick Reawakening shares the tale of the devastating event that nearly broke Daisy, an event that set Marcus Sloan—one of Denver’s most respected businessmen and one of the Denver underground’s most feared crime bosses—into finally making his move to win the heart of the woman who stole his.
A Message from Kristen:
I’m beside myself with glee that this prequel to my Rock Chick series has been unleashed! There was some time when I never thought I’d write it. When I couldn’t be in that terrible place with Daisy. But I’m oh-so glad that she called to me, demanding her story be told so she could give it to me and now I can give it to you! I loved every moment spent with Daisy and Marcus. And I hope you do too!
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2ivkWxG
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2ipZAnR
Amazon CA: http://amzn.to/2hAiffu
Amazon AU: http://amzn.to/2hUosR5
- Daisy finally gets her Rock Chick story told and I couldn’t be happier!
- Marcus proves that he’s not only a total badass, but also a great guy. It’s no wonder the Hot Bunch are willing to work with him.
- Throughout the series, I’ve always loved Daisy and Marcus as a solid very much in love couple, and it was great to see the origins of that devotion! On the outside they may not seem to fit, but the two are really perfect for one another!
- We’ve always known that Daisy had a hard life and horrible shit had happened to her, but seeing her go through it and come out the bubbly woman she is, makes you appreciate her all the more! She deserves the life and love that only Marcus can give her.
- This is a great prequel to the series, and we even get to see a few of our favorite hot bunch guys before they met their own rock chicks!
“Who’s that tall, dark drink of handsome water?” I asked Ashlynn, my eyes on the tall man with broad shoulders and fabulous suit who was sauntering out of the club in the manner of a man who owned it.
In the manner of a man who owned anything he wanted.
“Don’t go there,” Ashlynn answered.
I looked to Ashlynn.
She shook her head. “He’s hot. Knew a girl who’s had him and I’ll repeat, he’s hot. Took her out four times. All to fancy restaurants where she had to buy fancy dresses and shoes. And he gave it to her good at the end of the night, and I mean real good, the way she described it. He also, like, opened the car door for her and everything.”
Opened the car door for her.
“Ended it with her giving her a gold bracelet,” Ashlynn carried on, recapturing my attention. “Pure class.” Her look got intense as she stared into my eyes. “And he’s trouble.”
I glanced to the door that he’d obviously gone through because he’d disappeared, then back to Ashlynn.
Ashlynn didn’t answer that question.
She just shook her head again and declared, “He wouldn’t date a stripper anyway. Like I said. He’s class.”
I felt my mouth get tight.
About Kristen Ashley:
Kristen Ashley was born in Gary, Indiana, USA and nearly killed her mother and herself making it into the world, seeing as she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck (already attempting to accessorize and she hadn’t taken her first breath!). Her mother said they took Kristen away, put her Mom back in her room, her mother looked out the window, and Gary was on fire (Dr. King had been assassinated four days before). Kristen’s Mom remembered thinking it was the end of the world. Quite the dramatic beginning.
Kristen grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana and has lived in Denver, Colorado and the West Country of England. Thus, she’s blessed to have friends and family around the globe. Her family was (is) loopy (to say the least) but loopy is good when you want to write. They all lived together on a very small farm in a small farm town in the heartland. She grew up with Glenn Miller, The Everly Brothers, REO Speedwagon and Whitesnake (and the wardrobes that matched).
Needless to say, growing up in a house full of music, clothes and love was a good way to grow up.
And as she keeps growing, it keeps getting better.