Title: Ride Hard (Raven’s Riders, #1)
Author: Laura Kaye
Rating: 5 Teacups / 3 Handcuffs
Brotherhood. Club. Family.
They live and ride by their own rules.
These are the Raven Riders…
Raven Riders Motorcycle Club President Dare Kenyon rides hard and values loyalty above all else. He’ll do anything to protect the brotherhood of bikers–the only family he’s got–as well as those who can’t defend themselves. So when mistrustful Haven Randall lands on the club’s doorstep scared that she’s being hunted, Dare takes her in, swears to keep her safe, and pushes to learn the secrets overshadowing her pretty smile.
Haven fled from years of abuse at the hands of her criminal father and is suspicious of any man’s promises, including those of the darkly sexy and overwhelmingly intense Ravens’ leader. But as the powerful attraction between them flares to life, Dare pushes her boundaries and tempts her to want things she never thought she could.
The past never dies without a fight, but Dare Kenyon’s never backed down before…
- Lydia and I love the motorcycle sub-genre of intellectual porn, it is one of our favorites! In the novels every motorcycle club is depicted differently, and their level of illegality varies as well. I really love the Raven Riders MC, their mission to protect the vulnerable, and their unique way of making money. They are a club I’d want to be a hanger on for, or better yet someone’s old lady!
- Dare is a great MC president. He is a natural leader, who respects the other club members and takes his responsibilities towards them very seriously. He follows his own rules, even when he doesn’t want to, is willing to ask for outside assistance when needed, the men of Hard Ink make a cameo, and listens to the advice of his trusted advisors. Dare is the kind of man you’d want as your MC president!
- Dare is a good man who doesn’t take advantage of a much younger woman who is in a vulnerable situation, but rather he tries to ignore their growing attraction and do the right thing. Le sigh…
- Haven begins as a very likable, although weak and traumatized character, but she really comes into her own by the end. Her character growth is both believable and wonderful to see. It’s amazing what a little love can do!
- Although Haven is traumatized, this doesn’t stop her from being compassionate towards those around her and their pain. This is an admiral quality to have and made her a character you wanted to befriend.
- As a couple Dare and Haven compliment each other, giving each other both physically and emotionally what the other needs.
- One thing I liked most about the Raven Riders MC is that they are one big family. They lookout for and help each other out.
- I’m excited for the next installment, Ride Rough, and to watch Dare’s cousin, Maverick, find his own H.E.A.
His left hand dragged down her body, over the small mounds of her breasts and the flat plane of her stomach. His fingers settled on the button to her jeans. “Because you realize now I have to exact my revenge.” He paused there, giving her the chance to tell him to back off.
She shivered beneath him. “I guess fair’s only fair,” she whispered.
That’s my girl, he thought, even though the sentiment was really problematic. On all kinds of levels. “You want me to stop, Haven, you just say the word.”
“Don’t stop,” she said, her lips parting, her breathing coming faster.
On a groan, Dare claimed her mouth with his. He tugged the button to her jeans free, yanked down the zipper, and pushed his hand beneath the snug material to find her hot and so damn slick.
Her tongue stroked against his, and he swallowed her moans as his fingers stroked her folds. She rocked her hips and parted her legs without him having to ask, pulling a growl of approval from low in his throat—and making him know that fingering her wasn’t going to be enough.
Not for him.
Not this time. And not that it had really been last time, either.
Dare wanted more of Haven. He wanted to taste her, drink her down, wear her on his skin. On his mouth.
Kissing her long and hard and deep, he gently withdrew his hand from between her legs and pushed at the denim around her waist. Haven clued in to what he was doing and helped him push down the material until she was bared to her knees.
And then Dare shoved down her body, gripped her hips in his hands, and planted his face against the triangle of blond hair at the junction of her thighs.
About the Author:
Laura is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over twenty books in contemporary and paranormal romance and romantic suspense, including the Hard Ink and upcoming Raven Riders series. Growing up, Laura’s large extended family believed in the supernatural, and family lore involving angels, ghosts, and evil-eye curses cemented in Laura a life-long fascination with storytelling and all things paranormal. She lives in Maryland with her husband, two daughters, and cute-but-bad dog, and appreciates her view of the Chesapeake Bay every day.
Check out all the stops on Laura Kaye’s RIDE HARD
Review & Excerpt Tour!
Love Drug Book Blog – Review & Excerpt
The Book Hammock – Review & Excerpt
Reading Between the Wines Book Club – Excerpt
mignon mykel : reviews – Review & Excerpt
Take Me Away To A Great Read – Review & Excerpt
Reading Adventurously – Excerpt
Bridget’s Book Bungalow – Review
Ashleyz Wonderland – Excerpt
Stephanie’s Book Reports – Review
PopKitty Book Reviews – Review & Excerpt
Hike2Forty and beyond – Review & Excerpt
Coffee-Books-Life Blog – Review & Excerpt
Curled up and cozy – Review & Excerpt
The BookWhisperer – Review
This Wacky Momma reads – Review & Excerpt
Wickedcoolflight – Review & Excerpt
Books According to Abby – Review & Excerpt
Shayna Renee’s Spicy Reads – Review
JordansBookReviews – Excerpt
The Reading Cafe – Review & Excerpt
Krista’s Dust Jacket – Review & Excerpt
A Fortress of books – Excerpt
Majorly Delicious – Review & Excerpt
The Bookish & The Romantic – Review & Excerpt
Lit. 4 Ladies – Review
Melody May – Review & Excerpt
Red Hot + Blue Reads – Review
Reading in Pajamas – Review & Excerpt
Always YA at Heart – Review & Excerpt
The Book Boyfriend Addict – Review & Excerpt
Vera is Reading – Excerpt
Write for Your Life – Review & Excerpt
After Dark Book Lovers – Review & Excerpt
Melena`s Reviews – Review
Cara’s Book Boudoir – Review
Kelsey’s Corner Time – Review & Excerpt
WickedGoodReads – Review
The bookworms obsession blog – Review
Crazii Bitches Book Blog – Review & Excerpt
The Sassy Bookster – Review & Excerpt
Eden Ashe – Review & Excerpt
Kris & Vik Book Therapy Cafe – Review & Excerpt
Liz’s Reading Life – Excerpt
From the TBR Pile – Review
EskieMama Reads – Excerpt
Cocktails and Books – Review & Excerpt
Friends Till The End Book Blog – Excerpt
TLBC’s Book Blog – Excerpt
Wicked Babes Blog Reviews – Review & Excerpt
Bookaholics Not-So-Anonymous – Review & Excerpt
Evermore Books – Excerpt
Smokin Hot Reads Book Blog – Review
Extreme Bookaholics – Excerpt
Words of Wisdom from The Scarf Princess – Review & Excerpt
Bambi Unbridled – Review & Excerpt
Crazy Chaotic Book Babes – Review & Excerpt
Obsessed by Books – Review
Romancing the Readers – Review
Ellesea Loves Reading – Excerpt
Carol Kittie Reviews – Review & Excerpt
Barbara Book Reviews – Excerpt
SnoopyDoo’s Book Reviews – Excerpt
About That Story – Excerpt
Book Reader Chronicles – Review & Excerpt
Morning Books and Coffee – Review
RELEASE WEEK BLITZ!
NightWolf Book Blog – Review
Romanticamente Fantasy Sito – Excerpt
Reading Is My Bliss – Review & Excerpt
Ashley Book Blog – Review & Excerpt
Bookalicious book babes – Review & Excerpt
Books, Coffee & Passion – Excerpt
Talking Books Blog – Review
My Girlfriends Couch – Review & Excerpt
True Story Book Blog – Review & Excerpt
Reviews by Tammy and Kim – Review & Excerpt
Renee Entress’s Blog – Excerpt
RELEASE WEEK BLITZ!
Hot Guys in Books – Review & Excerpt
A Hopeless Romantic’s Booklandia – Review & Excerpt
Book Nook Nuts – Review & Excerpt
KatyaRath – Review & Excerpt
Liezel’s Book Blog – Review & Excerpt
NC 2 DC – Review & Excerpt
Reviews from the Heart – Review
A Brit and a Yank – Excerpt
She Hearts Books – Review
Southern Vixens Book Obsessions – Review
Talk Books to Me – Review
Books Need TLC – Review
Read-Love-Blog – Review
Deluged with Books Cafe – Review & Excerpt
The book obsessed momma – Review
Nose Stuck in a Book – Review & Excerpt