Title: The Stolen Mackenzie Bride (Mackenzie & McBrides #8)
Author: Jennifer Ashley
Rating: 4 Teacups / 3 Handcuffs
1745, Scotland: The youngest son of the scandalous Mackenzie family, Malcolm is considered too wild to tame…until he meets a woman who is too unattainable to resist.
Lady Mary Lennox is English, her father highly loyal to the king, and promised to another Englishman. But despite it being forbidden to speak to Malcolm, Lady Mary is fascinated by the Scotsman, and stolen moments together lead to a passion greater than she’d ever dreamed of finding.
When fighting breaks out between the Highlanders and the King’s army, their plans to elope are thwarted, and it will take all of Malcolm’s daring as a Scottish warrior to survive the battle and steal a wife out from under the noses of the English.
The Mackenzie / McBride Family Tree: http://www.jenniferashley.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/MackenzieMcBrideTree2.pdf
- It was great seeing the origins of the Mackenzie family we’ve grown to love and to see elements of their (Hart, Cameron, Mac, Ian and Fellows) personality’s all within Malcolm and his brothers.
- Mary is one of our top five Highland ladies. While she projects the facade of the perfect English lady, when push comes to shove she know how to get dirty and fight. She is a survivor who can make the best out of her situation.
- Mary’s dedication to her sister was admirable and showed how much she valued family. She realized how different she was from her and would do anything to secure her happiness.
- How can you not love a man who instantly knows when he meets his women and does anything to claim her as his own. Malcolm sees Mary and is instantly and completely devoted to her. He is willing to do anything, except leave her behind, to make her happy.
- We love how Malcolm wasn’t afraid to teach his women how to fight and blow up things.
- We can’t wait to see what the future holds for the entire Mackenzie clan.