Title: Servicing the Target (Masters of the Shadowland, #10)
Author: Cherise Sinclair
Rating: 5 Teacups / 5 Handcuffs
A discharged Army Ranger, Ben considers his job as a BDSM club security guard to be an excellent hobby. He’s never been tempted to join in. But everything changes when the notorious Mistress Anne inadvertently reveals the caring heart concealed beneath her Domme armor.
Now, he’s set his sights on the beautiful Shadowlands Mistress. Maybe he’d considered himself vanilla, but she can put her stiletto on his chest any day, any time. He’ll trust her delicate hands to hold his heart. And if she wants to whip his ass on the way to an outstanding climax, he’s just fine with that too.
Sure, he knows she likes “pretty boy” slaves. And he’s older. Craggy and rough. And six-five. Minor hindrances. The mission is a go. (via amazon.com)
- We have known and loved Anne and Ben for so long, it was extremely satisfying to see these two finally find their happily-ever-after.
- All of our favorite Shadowkittens and Masters make appearances. We enjoyed reading their continued stories; having babies, getting married and playing at the Shadowlands.
- We never thought we’d enjoy a novel where the woman was the top, man we were wrong. We loved the dynamic between Domme Anne and sub Benjamin. It shows that you can still be a macho bad boy, while being a submissive in the bedroom doesn’t change that.
- We love Anne! She can hold her own against men, and knows how to handle herself in a fight. But she also knows how to be feminine and sexy. She can rock a leather corset and sexy spiky heeled boots.
- We love that Ben is not all he appears to be, he’s even better!
- Jessica and Master Z finally have their baby and we couldn’t be happier for them!
- Anne grows not only as a Domme but as a person. Her needs and wants change, and we enjoyed that she didn’t change for Ben.
- Ben was so in love with Anne the he tried to change into what he thought she needed. In the end Ben realized he couldn’t be what he thought Anne wanted. So he manned up and let her go.
- We liked that their first hot night together was at her house, and in a role reversal she kicked him out telling him not to get attached. It was already too late.
- We can’t wait for our next adventure into the Shadowlands. Who will Master Z play matchmaker with next?