Part of a small demon lair in North Las Vegas, tattooist Harper Wallis lives a pretty simple life. That changes overnight when she discovers that her psychic mate, or ‘anchor’, is a guy who’s rumored to be the most powerful demon in existence. Compelling, full of secrets and armed with raw sexuality, Knox Thorne is determined to claim her as his anchor, creating a psychic bond that will prevent their inner demons from ever turning rogue. The billionaire also wants Harper in his bed. She’s not so sure she wants either of those things. No one seems to know what breed of demon Knox is, only that he’s more dangerous than anything she’s ever before encountered. But he refuses to walk away. And when an unknown danger starts closing in on Harper, it seems that Knox is the only one who can keep her safe.
As Prime of his Las Vegas lair and a successful businessman, Knox Thorne is used to being in control. He’s also used to people fearing and obeying him. Harper does neither, which unexpectedly amuses him. Unpredictable, elusive, and complex, she draws Knox and his inner demon like nothing ever has. Knox is used to getting what he wants, and he wants Harper. He’ll have her, and he’ll keep her safe from the threat that looms over her. Because Knox protects what’s his. He won’t allow anyone to take her from him. Even if it will mean letting the demon inside him rise and wreak the havoc it was created to make.
- Wright has yet to disappoint us, we loved watching these sexy demons become more and more obsessed with one another.
- We were introduced to Knox in the Deep in Your Veins series and were very intrigued by the dark brooding demon. When we discovered he would get his own novel in a new series we did a little happy dance.
- We were amazed by Knox’s sexy invisible hand that had all the right moves. We needs to get ourselves a demon.
- Harper is our kind of heroine, strong, independent and able to protect herself. We love reading about strong characters who fight for the ones they love.
- As a couple Harper and Knox work well together. She calms his crazy and only gives into his demands in the bedroom. Knox makes sure his nutty phoenix / imp does not go batshit crazy.
- One of the aspects of Wright’s novels that we love is how she integrates the supporting cast into the story line. The reader gets hints of the characters, enough to make you interested but not too much were they detract from the main couple.
- We can’t wait to read the other novels in the series, and watch Knox’s sentinels find their mates. Hopefully the hellhound and hellkitty fight it out like cat and dogs in the next novel.