It happens whenever wolf shifter Roni Axton is near Marcus Fuller: a crackle of sexual awareness that’s intoxicating…and deeply annoying. Marcus is a pack enforcer who oozes power, but Roni is lethal in her own right—nothing like the flirty females who flock around him. Even still, his possessive gaze makes one thing clear. Marcus has singled her out for seduction, and he wants to make her sit up and beg.
No matter how aloof and unfazed Roni acts, Marcus can tell she wants him. When a brutal attack by a jackal pack forces them to work together, it’s the perfect opportunity for Marcus to chip away at her defenses—until he falls into his own trap, completely unprepared for the intensity of their connection. Roni is the only one who’s ever seen past his shifter charm and discovered the man hiding beneath it. And for Marcus, claiming Roni once will mean needing her forever.
- Roni and Marcus’s relationship has a very different dynamic than a lot of intellectual porn couples. Roni definitely does not need a man to save her, nor does she want one. We really love her independent spirit.
- We loved Roni! She is the antithesis of most intellectual porn females. Roni is no frills, take her as she is, and she does not apologize for it. She is a strong women, who can go toe to toe with any male, including her mate. Her sense of loyalty is strong and she is willing to do anything to protect the people she loves – especially her pack.
- Marcus is a great male shifter. He has a great sense of humor, he makes the darks moments light. Marcus is a great balance to Roni’s serious, introverted nature.
- Marcus has to be extremely persistent and persuasive to break through Roni’s protective walls. In the end she accepts him as her mate, because he treats her as an equal unlike a majority of her loved ones. They discount her abilities, trying to protect and shelter her when she doesn’t need it.
- The plot of this novel deviates a bit from the conflict with the hunters that the previous novels focus on. In this story the plot is more focused on the dark underworld that other packs and shifter species are involved in.
- We enjoyed seeing the two packs working together, and spending time with the other couples we’ve watched get their H.E.A.!