Title: Beautiful Redemption (Beautiful #4)
Author: Jamie McGuire
Rating 4 Teacups / 3 Handcuffs
If A Maddox boy falls in love, he loves forever. But what if he didn’t love you, first?
No-nonsense Liis Lindy is an agent of the FBI. Deciding she is married only to her job, she breaks off her engagement and transfers from Chicago to the field office in San Diego. She loves her desk. She is committed to her laptop. She dreams of promotions and shaking hands with the director after cracking an impossible case.
Special Agent in Charge Thomas Maddox is arrogant, unforgiving, and ruthless. He is tasked with putting away some of the world’s toughest criminals, and he is one of the best the Bureau has to offer. Though, as many lives as he’s saved, there is one that is beyond his reach. Younger brother Travis is faced with prison time for his involvement in a basement fire that killed dozens of college students, and the media want a conviction. Travis’s only savior is his unusual tie to the mob. In a deal that will spare his brother, Thomas has agreed to recruit Travis into the FBI.
Liis is stubborn, defiant, and yet somehow softens Thomas’s rough edges, making her the perfect agent to accompany him to the ceremony. Posing as a couple, they must travel to Travis & Abby’s beach vow renewal and give him the news, but when the pretending ends, she finds herself wondering if they were pretending at all.
In the second installment of the Maddox Brothers books, experience firsthand the mysterious world of the elusive Thomas Maddox, and how good love can be when you’re not the first, but the last.
- Another Maddox boy steals our hearts! We were a bit worried that McGuire would not be able to redeem Thomas after Beautiful Oblivion, but our worries were for not. In this novel you come to feel for Thomas, and how devastated he was by the loss of Camille. You also grow to dislike her.
- We love Liis, she is exactly what Thomas needed, someone who he could share his entire life with. And Thomas is, inturn, exactly what she needed, someone who allows her be herself and supports her in her career. They are partners, always a good thing!
- Thomas’s character was totally redeemed. He was honest about his past feelings for Camille and the poor guy had his heart completely broken. Even if he’ll admit that he knew along she was Trent’s girl.
- In addition to Liis and Thomas’s romance, you also get the continuation of Trent and Travis’s stories. You discover more about how and why Travis got involved with the FBI.
- We are looking forward to the continuation of the Maddox saga, and can not wait to see what trouble the next brother gets into.