A Masters of the Shadowlands Novella
After his last lover chose her career over him, Jake knows he wants a woman who will put him at the top of her priorities—as he would with her. One of the trainees, Rainie, has caught his attention. Lush body, a gift for living life to the fullest, always laughing or smiling. Yeah. She trips all his switches. But she’s never given him a second look and that’s damned annoying.
Rainie has been burned enough times that she’s not going to get serious about any man. Sure, the BDSM club trainees are supposed to be looking for a permanent Dom, but no harm, no foul—they don’t need to know she lied. Trainees get to be involved in everything—and with everyone. But there’s one she avoids. Master Jake is always frowning at her. No matter how gorgeous he is, she doesn’t need any disapproving Dom up in her business.
Unfortunately, her best friends are having a double wedding. Little hearts are floating in the air. Every breath is filled with romance. Rainie is doomed.
- This is a wonderful wrap up to one of our favorite BDSM series. All our best-loved Shadowland members make an appearance. This novella concentrates mainly on Master Jake and Rainie’s path to love, with a bit of interference from the matchmaking Dom Master Z.
- It is nice to see a couple who were already friends, finally fall for one another. This makes the development of Jake and Rainie’s relationship believable.
- It is refreshing to see a Dom who has a previously failed Dom/sub relationship, learning from the experience and becoming a better Dom to his new sub.
- We love Rainie, because she is a strong women who is able to move on from her past and create a better life for herself, even if she has some lingering issues she needs a good Dom to help her overcome.
- Rainie might be a sub, but her fierce protectiveness of the people she loves is a very Domme trait. You go girl!
- Who doesn’t love a man who’s whole career revolves around caring for animals? Le sigh…
- We love how Jake stands up for Rainie, putting those who would insult and abuse her in their place. He doesn’t care about the person she used to be, just who she is now. And he’s pretty smitten with her.
- Another submissive bachelorette toy party, what could be better? Very fun!
- Love is in the air with the much anticipated double wedding, of Sally and Gabi!