Kidnapped. Taken to a private island.
I never thought this could happen to me. I never imagined one chance meeting on the eve of my eighteenth birthday could change my life so completely.
Now I belong to him. To Julian. To a man who is as ruthless as he is beautiful – a man whose touch makes me burn. A man whose tenderness I find more devastating than his cruelty.
My captor is an enigma. I don’t know who he is or why he took me. There is a darkness inside him – a darkness that scares me even as it draws me in.
My name is Nora Leston, and this is my story.
WARNING: This is NOT a traditional romance. It contains disturbing subject matter, including themes of questionable consent and Stockholm Syndrome, as well as graphic sexual content. This is a work of fiction intended for a mature, 18+ audience only. The author neither endorses nor condones this type of behavior.
- Please heed the warning in the description of this novel, the subject matter contained is not for everyone. Mrs. Bennet and Mary would not approve!
- You will have a ton of feeling while reading this book and won’t know what to do with them, much like the heroine – Nora.
- This a very well written intellectual porn novel, that deals with stockholm syndrome. The story of the kidnapper becoming the lover, is the best we’ve ever read.
- Nora’s internal conflict as she tries to reconcile her growing feelings for Julian, with the fact that he has kidnapped her, is what make this story great. Nora understands that what is happening to her is wrong, but she can not stop her growing feelings for her captor. In a lot of intellectual porn that deals with kidnapping and forced imprisonment (no matter how beautiful the prison) the women usually does not question and accepts what is happening to her. This is not the case in this novel. Nora debates her feelings and what is happening until the end.
- Julian is a mystery, and as you begin to unravel who he is you slowly understand him. His dark past is revealed, and you somewhat (not really) sympathize with his character.
- WARNING: This is a very dark novel, with an unconventional ending and no clear HEA. You will not be able to put it down, but you will need a little fluff after.