Relinquish Control has just opened its doors in Seattle, and already we are not shy for customers. Relinquish Control is an exclusive escort service catering to the most distinguished customers, from business magnates to foreign royalty. This proven and well-established international business offers an elite selection of women who are ready and willing to attend to your every need with no questions asked. Confidentiality is our special obligation.
Jewell Weston is homeless and desperate at age twenty-four. Two years ago, she quit her job to care for her ailing mother and her young brother; the medical bills incurred because of the cancer that killed her mother two months ago took everything the family had, and the state then took away her brother, now age fourteen. The only way for her to get the boy back is by finding a job and securing a home.
When she’s approached by a woman in cashmere and pearls who tells her she can change her life, and is handed a card with the business name Relinquish Control on it, she thinks she has nothing to lose by calling the phone number. Maybe this will be the answer to her prayers, a way to save her little brother from the nightmarish foster home he’s been placed in.
Blake Knight, known to the world as cold and without a heart, is given an exclusive membership to Relinquish Control by his devilish younger brother, who thinks it would be amusing to make his staid brother squirm. Little does this brother realize that Blake does indeed have unusual desires that Relinquish Control can cater to perfectly. What started as a joke turns out to be just what Blake needs. Though the world sees this man as deliberate and emotionless, it’s nothing but a façade. What lies underneath would shock all those who know him.
When he and his two brothers were six, eight and ten, they were tied up and forced to watch while their parents were murdered. The image has been burned into their minds, though they’ve tried to forget, leaving each of them guarded and unwilling to give their trust to anyone other than each other. No one is allowed to have their hearts. The brothers would never think of letting down their guard with anyone else, certainly not with a woman.
Follow Blake and Jewell’s journey and see if they can find a happily ever after… (via Goodreads.com)
- We loved how both Blake and Jewell, unknowingly have the same love and commitment to their siblings. This series is going to focus a lot around the importance of family. A theme we love in our intellectual porn.
- Jewell is an extremely likeable character. Even though she is making choices that you you would not make yourself, you understand how she does not see any other options. Jewell shows just how far one will go for the people they love. She is to be admired.
- Warning: Blake Knight is not a nice man. We actually hate him, total asshole. He gets semi redeemed on the last page of the novel, when he finally feels remorse. Anne has a long way to go to make us fall in love with his character. That is all we will say.
- We also have a deep seeded hatred for the women who introduces Blake and Jewell. She is a heartless, selfish bitch. We hope she get her comeuppance in the end. “God, I hate her” ~ Lydia.
- Blakes brother Tyler, is awesome and we are halfway in love with him. We hope there is an HEA in his future.
- This novel evoked a lot of feeling in us, some good and some bad. We see that as a good thing, which is one reason we really enjoyed reading this novel.
- Ends on a cliff, that you can’t wait to dive over! Broken (Forbidden #2) coming December 15th!