After making a bad decision when she was very young, Kia Clementine finds herself in hell. Then, suddenly, within the time it takes for a shotgun to blast, her hell changes. Completely. Then out-of-the-blue she sees Sampson Cooper, her celebrity crush. A man the whole world knows is decent. A man the world knows is loyal. A man the world knows is good. All of these very unlike her now dead husband.
He’s sitting at a table right next to hers. And she catches his eye.
Terrified of the interest Sam shows in her, Kia finds the courage to go out with him. Not long after, she shares her dark secrets and Sam shares that he’ll stop at nothing to gain her trust.
As Sam leads Kia to heaven, Kia realizes that Sam is living his own hell. But although he gives her beauty and she gives him everything, he withholds his trust.
Even with all the beauty Sam shows her, Kia wants it all. But Sam forces Kia to make a heartbreaking decision and only she can decide. It’s all or nothing. (via Goodreads.com)
- This is a wonderful novel about a woman who has been abused for years, coming out of the darkness to find her Heaven. It give you hope that a person can triumph over the horrors of their past and start living again, no matter their age or what they have been subjected too.
- Kia is an amazing character. She is a fighter, who fights to regain control of her life and chart a new future for herself. She grew as a character in her relationship with Sam, and becomes a stronger more self reliant person.
- Although we understand why Kia never sought the help of her loved ones, we agree with Sam that they should’ve stepped in at some point!
- Sam may be a hot alpha athlete but he knows what’s important in life, friends, family and making a difference; not fame and fortune!
- Every woman’s dream to run into her celebrity crush whom she’s stalked online, and to actually have all her fantasies come true! Who doesn’t want to have a torrid affair with a celebrity while on holiday?
- The supporting cast of characters were wonderful and add another dimension to the novel, we want Luci and Hap’s story next!
- There are some terrific cameos from some of KA’s other series. One of Kitty’s book boyfriends Joe Callahan from At Peace (The ‘Burg Series #2) makes an appearance!