Seventeen years old when he broke my heart.
Seventeen days later when another picked up the pieces.
Seventeen years together.
Seventeen thousand problems.
Seventeen days of reliving my past and finding a new future.
Seventeen minutes until it all went up in flames.
Seventeen breaths until I took my last.
This is my story…and it’s going to burn. (via Goodreads.com)
- We loved this novel! It is a huge departure from Tara Sivec’s wildly popular slapstick comedy. The story is wonderfully written and still contains Sivec’s voice as an author, it clearly demonstrates her range as a writer.
- She creates a wonderful story about one woman embarking on a new journey in the next phase of her life. It is a common story that some readers will find very relatable.
- The history between the two characters makes their whirlwind romance believable and all the more sweeter. The connection the two had in the past, makes you want them to find their HEA!
- Colin is every woman’s dream man. He pined for Lee, his lost loved, and would do anything to get her back. For him, she was the one that got away and no woman could live up to her in his mind. That is made of amazing!
- Throughout the book you are cheering Lee on. Wanting her to gain back what she lost during the 17 years she settled and was stifled. When she tells her ex-husband to piss off, that she is done with his shit, we were raising our pompoms in support! You go girl!
- We would love to know where did Tara come up with Lee’s particular art talent? Brilliant!
- Wow, Tara Sivec can write some awesome steamy sex scenes, we didn’t know she had it in her. She is a master!