Liam “Hunter” Blake hates the Reapers MC. Born and raised a Devil’s Jack, he knows his duty. He’ll defend his club from their oldest enemies—the Reapers—using whatever weapons he can find. But why use force when the Reapers’ president has a daughter who’s alone and vulnerable? Hunter has wanted her from the minute he saw her, and now he has an excuse to take her.
Em has lived her entire life in the shadow of the Reapers. Her overprotective father, Picnic, is the club’s president. The last time she had a boyfriend, Picnic shot him. Now the men in her life are far more interested in keeping her daddy happy than showing her a good time. Then she meets a handsome stranger—a man who isn’t afraid to treat her like a real woman. One who isn’t afraid of her father. His name is Liam, and he’s The One.
Or so she thinks. (via Goodreads.com)
- A modern Romeo & Juliet love story, with leather, and chrome. Sure there is bloodshed, violence, and death but they get their HEA in the end! Suck that Shakespeare!
- We had been eagerly awaiting Em and Liam’s story, this novel did not disappoint. Our favorite Reapers MC book so far! The narrative has the perfect balance of action and romance! Having the main characters in opposing clubs gives the reader great insight into MC politics.
- After the events of Reaper’s Legacy we were not big fans of Liam Hunter. In this novel the blanks are finally filled in and we learn what really took place between Em and Liam, during that novel. At the start of this story we had some concerns that Wylde would have difficulty turning Liam into a redeemable hero we could swoon over. This was not the case.
- Liam’s transformation from a monster contract killer, to a loveable softy completely taken with Em, is nothing short of amazing. Having Liam’s POV gives you a greater understanding of his motivations. You can completely understand why Em falls for and forgives him. Liam has become one of our top 5 Motorcycle Men of intellectual porn.
- Liam is willing to give up the life he knows, his club and family for Em, enough said!
- Em might just be our new favorite old lady, she understands life in the club, stands by her man and isn’t afraid to fight back when needed.
- In a significant amount of Motorcycle Club intellectual porn there is a learning curve when the woman attaches herself to an MC bad boy. Here there was no teaching Em how to be the perfect old lady. This was refreshing. Em was born and bread for the MC life. Her father said it best: “That’s why I wanted you with a Reaper, honey. We really can’t afford not to have you on our side.”
- Em understands her place in the club, and what is expected of her. She knows when to stay quiet, when to fight and how to handle her man and exert her subtle control over him.
- The foreplay in the novel was, H-O-T!
- This is a great continuation to the over arcing story, of the Reapers Motorcycle Club.
About Joanna Wylde:
Joanna is a freelance writer living in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. She started writing fiction in 2002, then took a long hiatus to explore other writing opportunities. She returned to fiction in January 2013 with ‘Reaper’s Property’, the first book in the Reapers Motorcycle Club series.