“You have to go. I won’t be able to control myself. I’ve wanted you so bad for so long and after I’ve been in the cage…I can’t think straight.” He gives a guttural groan and his fist clenches on my hip.
Primitive. Primal. His need speaks to me. I tighten my grip on his neck and rock up to kiss him. He takes over. His kiss is hard and demanding.
“Mine.” His voice is raw, savage and for a moment I truly believe he may lose control.
He rules in the ring.
Two years ago, Jake and Amanda were going hot and heavy. But when Jake wanted more, Amanda walked away. Jake immersed himself in mixed martial arts, living life on the edge. But that didn’t dull the pain of Amanda’s rejection-until a chance encounter throws them together.
A high-powered lawyer, Amanda was a no-strings-attached kind of girl. But two years after her breakup with Jake, she still hasn’t found anyone who gets her heart pumping the way he did. And then he shows up in her boardroom, hot as sin and needing help…
But can he rule her heart?
Jake is darker, sexier, and impossible to resist. As their chemistry builds, Amanda’s not sure if she can stay in control, or if she’s finally willing to let him claim her body and soul. (via Goodreads.com)
- Wow, there is some craycray drama in this novel! The couple’s relationship ups and downs gave us whiplash! Spoiler alert, the couple does not get together until the very end of the novel. That does not mean there is not a lot of hot sex. There is tons!!!
- It took us a while to warm up to Amanda. We came to admire her when she stood up to her evil jerk faced boss. She grew stronger as the novel progressed and she didn’t give up her fight.
- Jake needs to make up his mind. One minute he is aggressively pursuing Amanda, the next something pisses him off, and backs off. His redeeming qualities are that he’s amazingly hot and even though the ups and downs he is still takes care of her from a distance. As the narrative progresses you begin to understand his frustration with Amanda’s inability to commit, and sympathize with him. His hot and cold attitude toward her becomes completely understandable.
- We love that Jake isn’t just another ignorant fighter, but a smart savvy businessman with a degree. We want Jake in our corner.
- The angst and drama the couple goes through, stems from issues they experience when they were together years ago. The history between the couple makes all the crazy believable. They are two people who love each other, but needed to grow-up and overcome their past trauma. Don’t worry even with all the angst the characters get their HEA.
- The supporting cast is awesome and made this novel a really good novel. They really added to the novel, but they didn’t take over.