Series: Virgin River
Author: Robyn Carr
Virgin River (Virgin River, #1) Wanted: Midwife/nurse practitioner in Virgin River, population six hundred. Make a difference against the backdrop of towering California redwoods and crystal-clear rivers. Rent-free cabin included.
When the recently widowed Melinda Monroe sees this ad she quickly decides that the remote mountain town of Virgin River might be the perfect place to escape her heartache, and to reenergize the nursing career she loves. But her high hopes are dashed within an hour of arriving: the cabin is a dump, the roads are treacherous and the local doctor wants nothing to do with her. Realizing she’s made a huge mistake, Mel decides to leave town the following morning.
But a tiny baby, abandoned on a front porch, changes her plans…and a former marine cements them into place.
Melinda Monroe may have come to Virgin River looking for escape, but instead she finds her home. (via goodread.com)
- Virgin River (Virgin River, #1) (4T/3H)
- Shelter Mountain (Virgin River, #2) (4T/3H)
- Whispering Rock (Virgin River, #3) (4T/5H)
- A Virgin River Christmas (Virgin River, #4) (3T/3H)
- Second Chance Pass (Virgin River, #5) (3T/3H)
- Temptation Ridge (Virgin River, #6) (3T/3H)
- Paradise Valley (Virgin River, #7) (3T/3H)
- Under the Christmas Tree (novella) (Virgin River, #8)
- Forbidden Falls (Virgin River, #9)
- Angel’s Peak (Virgin River, #10)
- Moonlight Road (Virgin River, #11)
- Midnight Confessions (novella) (Virgin River, #12)
- Promise Canyon (Virgin River, #13)
- Wild Man Creek (Virgin River, #14)
- Harvest Moon (Virgin River, #15)
- Bring Me Home for Christmas (Virgin River, #16)
- Hidden Summit (Virgin River, #17)
- Redwood Bend (Virgin River, #18)
- Sunrise Point (Virgin River, #19)
- My Kind of Christmas (Virgin River, #20)
This is an excellent series that reads like a soap opera, every book is like an episode.
While each novel is dedicated to a specific couple, you get multiple characters’ points of views, in each book.
The narratives are interwoven, while the the main characters get their HEA, their stories continues throughout the series.
Every couple is different, no two love stories are the same.
The characters personality vary widely. There is a macho bar own, a sensitive chef, a law enforcer injured in the line of duty, and many more. What these men all have in common is the are ex-military commandos who all fought in various conflicts together. These men, find themselves in the small town of Virgin River, and put their lives on the line for its citizens.
Each novel deals with social issues that small town america faces. There is some very sensitive subject matter but it is deal with extremely well.
This is not a story about a bunch of transplants that come and stay in this small town. Many of the couple find love their and move on elsewhere, some do stay but not everyone.
- While there are 20 novels (episodes) in this series, due to time constraints we have only read the f1st 8 novels. We are looking forward to having time the revisit Virgin River.