Description: “An embarrassing run-in leaves her wanting more. Ella Scott, ready for a change and the chance to escape family tragedy, heads to familiar Del Mar, California after her college graduation. No one could prepare her for what she’d find. After starting her new job as a high school teacher, a scary encounter with local thugs and a co-worker’s unwanted advances and attention, send Ella into the arms of local bar owner Ryder Wilde. But Ryder comes with his own complications. As president of his motorcycle club, Mayhem, Ryder must choose between his biker family’s plans and whatever chance of a future he has with Ella.” (via Goodread.com)
- This book is an homage to Kristen Ashley’s Motorcycle Man, which happens to be one of our favorite intellectual porn novels.
- It has a great portrayal of a hawt alpha law abiding biker, who happens to be the MC president.
- We enjoyed the serendipitous meeting between Ella and Ryder, and the dynamics within their relationship.
- Ella is an intelligent and educated heroine, something we both loved.
- We would have liked them to get together more quickly, we do not like waiting for the hottness. 😉
- While we get to know some of the MC members, and Ella’s crazy adopted family, the book concentrates more on Ella and Ryder’s relationship, not the MC culture.
- The book features a couple crazy bad guys, that cause a lot of problems for Ella. There are some surprises along the way, that really threw us for a loop.